Invisalign is a great option for those who are looking to enhance their smile and boost their oral health. These removable clear plastic aligners are comfortable to wear and much more discreet than traditional braces.
Just as you have to brush and floss your teeth on a daily basis and visit your dentist routinely to keep your teeth and gums healthy, you also have to keep your Invisalign trays clean, too. And we’ve got tips to help you accomplish that.
- Brush Every Day
Brushing should be the number one thing you do every day to help keep your Invisalign trays clean. This should be part of your oral hygiene routine in the morning and at night. If possible, do this every time you remove your retainers from your mouth. All you need is a soft toothbrush and some water.
- Avoid Hot and Boiling Water
It is not uncommon to assume that hot or boiling water should be the go-to when you want to ensure that something is thoroughly cleaned. And, while in many instances, this would be a great idea - it can warp or damage your retainer. It may even have to be replaced. So as you are brushing and rinsing, be sure to flip on that cold water faucet.
- Develop a Routine
The more you do something, the more it becomes a habit. There is a good chance that you have an oral hygiene routine in place by now. When you get your Invisalign retainer, it is important that you start to include cleaning it in your routine, as well. Here are a few examples:
- As you are getting ready in the morning, brush your teeth and then brush your retainer. The more you do this, the easier it will be to remember to clean your retainer - and it can even help you remember to wear it!
- At night, take out your retainer, brush and floss your teeth, brush your retainer, and put it back in your mouth.
- And finally, after you eat, make it a habit to rinse your mouth and your retainer before placing it back in your mouth.
- Use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals
One of the reasons you chose Invisalign is due to its ability to be discreet. Unfortunately, if you end up with stains on your retainers, it’s not going to look so nice in your mouth. There are a few DIY tricks for soaking, but if you want something that is sure to be safe on your clear aligners, then Invisalign’s own cleaning crystals are a great option.
Invisalign Treatment with Minoli & Vijay, DDS PC
If you are looking for high-quality Invisalign treatment from a dental team you can trust, look no further than Minoli & Vijay. Let us help you transform your smile.
Contact us today at 212-888-4140.